WargameProject.com Forum
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4   Next
WarMire

Reply with quote  #31 
ahhh - indeed, the power of 75 screenshots.
As much info can be gathered from your screenshot link, as the 3 campaigns.
[cool] 
BUT> now i have 2million questions instead of only 1million [tongue]

Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #32 
Join the tournament! It will be fun!
http://www.wargameproject.com/tournament?id=5843913495543808
Toxaz

Reply with quote  #33 
I want ask about train soldier skill. I tried to use it in different locations and in different conditions, but I didn't see any effect. What's for skill and how to use it?)
megas

Junior Ambassador
Reply with quote  #34 
This is an important skill that can make a difference! Human heroes and barons (knights that come w/o shields and can summon hawks and liegemen) have it. The name of the skill is probably misleading. It is about training units into soldiers, but it affects only those units that are not soldiers. Currently it makes sense only for militia that you can join from your villages (it will probably also work for halflings). Becoming a soldier means that militia unit can now wear armour and even advance into heavy infantry one day after few battles. This means that you can effectively bring a lot of cheap light infantry into your ranks. You join militia with your barons that sit in your rear castles (or heroes, but they are usually busy arent they) and train them, then you visit a castle and equip armour. 

There are a few limitations... This diminishes villages wealth, so it brings less food. Probably it is not a good idea to do on frontier where castles feed a lot of armies, but it makes sense in the rear where castles have plenty of food. 
It takes time to restore the wealth and then militia reappears and can be joined again. The process can be sped up if you drop food tax in the castle, in this case village wealth restores much faster and militia reappears sooner. But when the tax is turned off, there is no food coming to the castle, so you have to be careful you do not run out of food, otherwise your castle will begin to starve. 
This tactics may allow you to mass produce light infantry based on militia by building more villages and manipulating with food and taxes, but it of course requires a lot of micro management and takes time.

Finally note that militia has lower morale when not in range of friendly buildings, so its usage a little limited. 

WarMire

Reply with quote  #35 
Very informative megas and great to know> as there are a good number of skills, perhaps we should start a 'skill thread'. A nice tidy skill manual, for us, and all future warriors. We can build it over time.
Many are self-explanatory, but some are curious; such as 'inspire rebellion'

I also have a simple question, and im quite positive im overlooking something silly:
Upgrading troops to better armor> i have moved troops ready for upgrade to nearest castle, but dont see option for upgrade. Must a hero, or knight perform this? 
WarMire

Reply with quote  #36 
question answered

once inside castle> right click>equip army>select armor, and then click armor tab to toggle through available armor.

megas

Junior Ambassador
Reply with quote  #37 
Yes you got it right [smile]
You have mastered one of the most advanced and vital tactics in our game - upgrading troops. Train your militia into light infantry and light infantry into heavy. Look for the 'unit can wear heavier armour' notification in army and unit info panels. This happens when unit has survived few battles and lived few turns. But most importantly look for precious veterans that become capable of wearing very heavy armour (same logic for them - based on number of battles and age). Then try to combine those into one army and join with 1-2 heroes and you got yourself a super stack. Then you just have to make sure it always goes into battle the last and thus always survives (and there is always a supply wagon nearby). Keep looking at the skill tab in the unit popup for those veterans, they continue to improve for a very long time and become stronger and stronger. So essentially you create some sort of career ladder in your army where you train your units as much as possible. For example you need to capture a village defended by few militias, so instead of attacking with just a few units to get the job done, you may attack with a whole army of rookies to get them an extra battle experience. Slowly you gain an advantage on your enemy and your troops start to survive encounters and his die all the time!
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #38 
Just wanted to add a few words. Megas is definitely a micro-management expert in our game and his advise is worthwhile listening. But macro-management aspect is as much important as those micro tricks. For example, Dark Side faction was designed to be played in macro style, without caring too much for individual units. Training veterans is a very rewarding and satisfying experience, but micro becomes very tedious in late game. So for more relaxing experience choose the path of Dark Side. [smile]

Regarding inspire rebellion concept. A settlement can be owned or enslaved by player. When a settlement is enslaved, unit with Rebel Leader skill can approach the settlement and try to summon local militia to join the rebellion against occupants. Settlement is considered enslaved when it is captured by other race. In example, when Dark Side captures Human castle - castle is enslaved, but when Human captures Human castle - castle just changes ownership.
WarMire

Reply with quote  #39 
ok so 'inspire rebellion' is utilized after you have lost your castle, and its just one more tactic in your 'bag of tricks' to, hopefully, help get it back... very good to know

Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #40 
One more thing to know: unit that tries to inspire rebellion has a chance to be caught by enemy garrisoned units. Enemy units that have Watchman Skill contribute to this chance. Those are mainly spearmen (entitled to stand a watch). 
Herystofanes

Reply with quote  #41 
Goblins can marauder for gold and equipment/weapons. How does the game calculate what can be picked up (or if something can be picked up)?
Maybe such skill should be available for militia (then after training they could become swordsmen/archer/pikemen). I think it was common for villagers in war to get wepon after a battle and then use it (without profficiency, but still [biggrin]).
Also - as far as I know "change weapon" menu is not functional yet?
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #42 
Yes, 'change weapon' is not yet implemented.

Regarding marauder skill. In current version the actual implementation is very simple: there are chances that unit picks up some random armour piece or a shield. Only if unit does not have a primary weapon he can grab a weapon (a sword if I remember it correctly). Some gold is looted from the corpses. The idea of marauder skill was to give it to undisciplined units like bandits and orcs.

Your idea is interesting. I'll give it a thought. By the way, our plans were to change marauder skill to get actual weapons and armour that were dropped during the battle.
megas

Junior Ambassador
Reply with quote  #43 
Welcome to our small community Herystofanes!

The game is full of experimental and not fully implemented features as we are constantly developing it on the go [smile]
Its both advantage and disadvantage as you can stumble upon smt like 'Change weapon' which does not work, but on the bright side you can actually influence and drive the direction where we are heading by providing to us feedback what is important... Nothing is written in stone. We want to do many things, its just matter or priorities..
Herystofanes

Reply with quote  #44 
Thank you for the kind words of invitation... ok enough diplomacy let's dig into the game [biggrin] 
Scout towers. You can recruit garrison and guard the area.
As far as I checked it recruiting works with one turn delay (or is it necessary to have all the move at the beginning of the turn?) I've noticed that it isn't as successful with recruiting by leigemen. Is there a bonus for recruitment by (for example) Baron? Or are there other factors that I don't know of?
Guard the area - what does this skill do?

And one more question (for now [biggrin]) have you considered starting a wiki project for this game?
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #45 
Every turn two melee units are garrisoned into scout tower (up to ten units).
Guarding the area is supposed to be used for attacking the enemy on his turn, when an army steps to an adjacent map cell. Tower garrison is not involved in this assault.

Since the game is turn based, we give players option to 'stay active' during other player's turn. This includes: guard area (build a tower and protect some choke point), intercept (armies will automatically protect supply carts, catapults, villages, etc), ambush (you can hide your troops in woods and hills for a surprise attack).

We have our internal wiki (which we planned to release to the public some day), but it's poorly maintained. [smile] Wiki is much of a burden for me. But yes, it would be cool to have one.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

@ 2014 Dark Ambassador Studios
Email Facebook GooglePlus Blogger