WargameProject.com Forum
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4
megas

Junior Ambassador
Reply with quote  #46 
Herystofanes, I wanted to write you private message with some common human player tips and bits of wisdom, but ended creating an article in our Strategy part of the forum, you can find it under name 'Human player checklist'. It has some tips and tricks you should definitely master to become proficient wargamer [smile]
WarMire

Reply with quote  #47 
Welcome Herystofanes [wave] <ive never had a chance to use this icon, so ill do so now.
 On the topic of wiki (sorta) i have had this thought from time to time upon entering our little wargame site here... because all too often inside game forums, i find them a wreck Hahaaa - Many sites you must weed through, but here is enjoyable, were small enough yet so its easy to read through. The strategy part of the forum is shining example.
...So we have a 'raw wiki' started, atleast for us right now, every Q&A only adds to it.

Welcome again, enjoy! If youd like to start a 1v1 for more 'practice' Im always game

WarMire

Reply with quote  #48 
Lets us discuss please the details of traps/abatis. Anything we should know about them that we may not learn right away? 
Toxaz

Reply with quote  #49 
http://forum.wargameproject.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1285381935&postcount=20
WarMire

Reply with quote  #50 
ahh thank you Tox...knew i had seen something on abatis somewhere.
I have not used it yet > but i think the concept fits into wargame project perfectly.
...used by armies throughout history, and still today, even if they no longer build them with sharpened logs (but i suppose they would if they had to [wink]
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #51 
Yes. All that mentioned by Toxaz.

And this is how I use abatis:

If you played starcraft - term "offensive bunkering" should be well known to you. When I lay down the siege I try to block besieged troops with abatises to prevent a sortie. They help me to protect my catapults.

Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #52 
Traps are placed by Dwarven Guard while he is hiding in his lair. Traps are placed randomly around the lair. Dwarven Guard's skill can be eventually improved and up to 3 traps can be placed at once. 

What you need to know to counter them:

• Traps can be placed only on terrain without any objects (road is an object too). If you don't have units to disarm mines - stay on the road!
  • Scout with some less valuable units - (wolves, zombies are the best choice!)
  • Flying units can hover over the trap and reveal it
  • You need units with disarm trap skill (veteran archers and some other special units)
  • Trap kills any unit. Outright.
Herystofanes

Reply with quote  #53 
In human side

How does mana work?

Units have their own mana pool and there is the global mana pool. Is the unit mana pool used only to prevent unit form casting too much in a single turn? When casting by unit (eg. necromancer rasing dead) it takes from both personal and global pool?
How quick does diffrent spells renew?
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #54 
Global mana is needed to cast spells that require global mana ([smile]) and to pay upkeep for some of your summoned units. Vast majority of spells do not require global mana (but only mana from casters pool).
Humans can accumulate global mana by capturing and holding Mage Towers (by the way, put a caster in there and MageTower will level up, bringing you more mana each turn). Spells have cooldowns: some spells are ready next turn, some have longer cooldowns. Unfortunately, this is not shown currently in unit info, but we are going to fix that.
All mages have own mana pools to limit number of spells casted per turn. Mana pool is restored up to its maximum each turn.

I will say that current magic system implementation is temporary. It is in its infancy. Expect many changes in near future. [smile]

megas

Junior Ambassador
Reply with quote  #55 
My vision on the magic system is that individual casters (units and even structures) can have their own mana pool, so that they do not consume global mana. Btw this idea was in mind when we created rewards for creatures slain in ruins - if it is populated with the undead, then we assumed that they need mana upkeep, they can not just walk around, otherwise they decay. So our idea was that the ruin has some kind of dark magic source which keeps them "alive", so when dark side clears such a ruin - it gets the mana reward, other players get money reward which is "paid by grateful local population".
For the Dark side the mana source is global however as it has Dark Ambassador concept as its core and all the creatures it has summoned are not individuals, but his slaves and servants.
But humans I believe should not have a global pool at all. It is not a box of gold, how is it accumulated and where is it kept? [smile] For humans I would have each individual caster have his own small pool. 
Dwarves are again a different story. I would prefer to have a different type of magic for them not based on mana at all. Something about rituals and potions. In general their magic system should be simple and not as powerful which they would compensate with advanced machinery [smile]

Ganeleon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #56 
Also we can use the well know system of mana crystals as some mana containers in the game for human mages. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

@ 2014 Dark Ambassador Studios
Email Facebook GooglePlus Blogger