WargameProject.com Forum
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Toxaz

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello everyone! This weekend I will have free time, and I think that I'll spend it playing computer games. So I get the idea to play the whole game in wargameproject during two days)

Fast games, of course, are not peculiar for turn-base strategies, we want to spend more time while thinking about the move, but sometimes, especially in summer, we have only several free days and no opportunity to make moves regularly. If someone has a free weekend and he/she also wants to play favorite wargame - write to me in private messages)

The idea came long ago, I and megas already tried to do something like that (we played not the whole day, but only the evening, managed to make a dozen moves, though the party takes a few weeks)

By the way, here there are a lot of work for developers, because interface for the online game is not friendly, you have to check is it your turn right now or not yet regularly. There is the lack of in-game chat, where you can write, till your opponent make his turn, discuss the game and so on. There are many things to do to make interface more friendly for online (not PBEM like now) game, when both players are online. But this two are more important I think, and I hope that developers add it in their plan)

So if you have free weekend and want play in wargame, send pm to me) the most interesting map for me is no way out without quick start but it's discussible).

I propose to use this thread to arrange about playing quick games
megas

Junior Ambassador
Reply with quote  #2 
Ah I was away in summer house for both days [smile]
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #3 
Ganeleon once proposed a special mode for fast games. I think your ideas are very similar. I'll ask him to elaborate on that topic, maybe we can come to some simple but effective solution together.
Toxaz

Reply with quote  #4 
By the way I have free weekend 11-12 july, so write me if you want play[smile]
Ganeleon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #5 
Greetings everyone !
My idea was quite simple. To make a "fast game" mode with the turn limit timer, so you can agree the convenient time with your opponent and play the game during one evening.
The calculation is simple: for a good game you need around 25 turns, so it means that in case you will give 3 minutes per turn for each player the game will take 150 minutes or 2 and half hours.
Sounds good for one evening game.
In case you would like to have more time, even 5 minutes is good enough as it will be around 4 hours. 
For this mode, you need a timer to be implemented and some notification system in the client or the auto-start turn function.

P.S. The timer can be implemented in the intellectual way, so it will be little less of time in the beginning and it will start to grow in the late game phase. It can be connected to the number of units and castles player own. And each battle can give you some extra also.
Toxaz

Reply with quote  #6 
Ready to play tomorrow and the day after) I`ll online since morning)
Ganeleon

Administrator
Reply with quote  #7 
Hello Toxaz, Sorry i have just seen your answer [smile]
I am available on the evenings right now. So just let me know by direct message in case you would like to play.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

@ 2014 Dark Ambassador Studios
Email Facebook GooglePlus Blogger