WargameProject.com Forum
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Sadxxoo

Reply with quote  #1 
Who know?

2 last turns im  lost 1 catapult. No battle in Battle report, no food starvation ...who know wheres my catapults)?((((
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #2 
Assassinated by bandits. Currently, this is not shown in battle report. It will be fixed in future versions.
Toxaz

Reply with quote  #3 
I kill 1 your catapult which destroyed my orc hut previous turn

Edit: And as I remember I destroyed your army and catapult earlier, so it should report at least about battle between armies.
megas

Junior Ambassador
Reply with quote  #4 
Very nasty skill indeed, no counter measure that I know off [frown]
Toxaz

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baruk
Assassinated by bandits. Currently, this is not shown in battle report. It will be fixed in future versions.

Hmmm, I remember that I got reports, that I'm attacked by player 0 (bandits). Or this "bug" is only with catapults and carts?
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #6 
No-no. It were MY bandits who destroyed the catapults, not neutral ones. Some bandits possess Venom Blades skill. This skill allows to poison the blades (preparation phase) and then (during duration of this effect) perform assassination attempts on enemy army. Random unit will be selected for assassination (and he will receive 10 damage, if attempt was successful). Damage delivered by this skill is non lethal, but unit is poisoned (hence, can die from poison).

Since the catapult is a one-man army, operator is poisoned and since no healer can be joined to the army, catapult most probably will die.

This skill is already implemented long time ago, but with the exception of me, probably, nobody uses it. [frown]
WarMire

Reply with quote  #7 
-well do not despair on the 'low' usage of such great means of inflicting 'small' wounds to the enemy. i have played around with poison blade, out of curiousity in hot seat, though i havent used it in actual battle... nonetheless you have just given some good insight into further techniques. i had not yet thought about all the possible scenarios.
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #8 
One memorable example of usage of this skill was on Friend To Enemy map when I was fighting with Megas. It was couple of years ago, but I still remember...

His lonely (but fearful) dwarven legion was roaming in the proximity of my citadels looking for a prey. Meeting weak or none resistance he entered my territory looking for kills - he knew that he could retreat to safety whenever he wanted to. 

I was preparing a counter strike. I craved for revenge. I wished to slay those dwarves, which were pillaging my land for a few turns. [mad]

But Megas was very cautious. He felt, that the moment to retreat was then! He ran with his legion, but not all of them survived [cool]

My bandits followed his legion and poisoned some of his dwarves. He had to leave them behind. Poisoned and wounded they were slowing down the rest...

Needless to say that I killed them. And it felt so good. [smile]
megas

Junior Ambassador
Reply with quote  #9 
We have 2 problems with this skill right now:
1) It is completely transparent to the user, I remember last time it happened I had to think really hard what happened to my catapult, needless to say new users will be completely lost and frustrated. But the cure seems simple, we just need to add it to the battle report dialog
2) I can not think of any way to protect catapults against such tactics... It is a part of a more general problem that we can not heal catapult operators or cure them, so they are very vulnerable (no only to poison, but to dark plague as well for example)...
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

@ 2014 Dark Ambassador Studios
Email Facebook GooglePlus Blogger