WargameProject.com Forum
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 5      1   2   3   4   Next   »
Toxaz

Reply with quote  #1 
Didn`t find topic about ideas so there is it)

When the game is ended it would be intresting to see some statistic: casualties (detailed), what types and how many units were produced, how many mana/gold were got and spent, how many farms and mines were captured/destroyed and may be something else.
megas

Junior Ambassador
Reply with quote  #2 
Great idea! And seems like not very complicated.. Baruk what do you think? [smile]

Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #3 
I agree. I like that idea.
Toxaz

Reply with quote  #4 
When you play 2vs2 it could be important to see how successful in the battles your ally and how many losses he and our enemy get.

It would be good, if it could be possible to see repeat of your ally battles.
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #5 
Yes. We had similar thoughts. Might be tricky to implement, but I like the idea.
WarMire

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaz

When the game is ended it would be intresting to see some statistic: casualties (detailed), what types and how many units were produced, how many mana/gold were got and spent, how many farms and mines were captured/destroyed and may be something else.

I like this idea very much, even during the game and/or as Toxaz says, at the end... the more stats the better, i mean who doesnt LOVE STATS!!![crazy]
WarMire

Reply with quote  #7 
An Idea that would add to this game, and would help to keep our sometimes hectic world better organized turn by turn>
-
for lack of a better word ill call it a 'Battle Overlay'

If you ever play Civ4, then it will instanly ring a bell

If not, you simply click on the overlay button, and it brings up a 'simplified paint shop' overlay onto your world view. It would enable you to draw basic lines with your mouse (and write if you can pull it off [smile] -  one color would work, 2 colors even better.
also a simple sticky note box. click note, click on map area you wish, and type in the small pop-up box.
Now you can make precise notations on the (soon to be) last turn enemy army location, or label/name your own armies...or you can draw simple lines to help keep troops heading to the correct 'rally points' youve mentally designated for them etc etc... whatever you may need it for
...and an eraser for what you no longer do
(in addition maybe some pre-made or user made icons to make it more sleek  [idea] [wink]

> for the most part, a simple digital version of the ol' stick in the sand battle map that generals have utilized for centuries.

and when your done you simply click the view off until its needed again
megas

Junior Ambassador
Reply with quote  #8 
Wow this sounds like a great feature actually. So nice to hear some new fresh ideas [smile] This would have been indeed a huge step in making the game more user friendly... Btw it would be great to collect some ideas/feedback about things to change in UI that could make a big difference. 
Toxaz

Reply with quote  #9 
summer is a time for vacation and holidays. I believe that many players will be glad to see "go to rest" option, which stops timer running in all their games during vacation(1-2-3weeks). Yes, games are going slowly, and if each player take a rest, games will almost freeze in summer. But we have to admit two things: firstly in the summer we want to spend more time out the doors and the activity of players is reduced (although I would like to start a couple of games on the newer versions, if I could). And secondly, it is insulting to lose the Party because of the lack of access to the Internet or a computer for a few days.
As for me, I'm afraid that in late July - early August, I will be off for some time, that's why I do not even start new ones without the possibility to stop the game.
megas

Junior Ambassador
Reply with quote  #10 
Excellent idea... I guess it could be an optional feature enabled during game creation. Maybe I implement it soon, then you can start some games [smile]
Toxaz

Reply with quote  #11 
I think it would be better to make rest button not as a game option but as option for all games (including current games) in player profile, something like this (sorry that it is russian-language screenshot):

1.jpg

Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #12 
Good idea. [thumb]

We had a discussion about game pause feature with Megas in a little bit different key. But he will implement it one way or another, when he has time. As for now, while the feature is missing, if anyone is going to vacation just let us know. We will adjust day counter in database so the game could continue when you're back.
Herystofanes

Reply with quote  #13 
As I love the idea of 'Battle Overlay' but it could take some time to implement it. Could you implement a button which gives an option "go to previously selected tile". Also a button wchich undo a missclicked move would be helpful (it should be restricted only to situations when you don't uncover new area or uncover enemy/fight with enemy though). I know that each move should be thought trough but sometimes missclick does occur and then it is frustrating to load the game some 20-50 moves earlier (if at all).
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #14 
'Undo' is complicated feature if implemented properly, but I'll see what can be done. If we are talking only about undoing moves (not things like casting spells, using skills, changing unit formation, etc) then we could probably do it with a minimum of bloodshed.
Could you please elaborate on "go to previously selected tile" proposal? Can you give us small example or a use case of this?
WarMire

Reply with quote  #15 
I played a game with this undo feature, available only on the particular armies last move- and it was great indeed. however, there was no fog of war, you could see everything anyway- point is, i try hard to imagine how it would work here.
Another idea would be to simply create a 'confirm move' box before movement can happen.
and then also, as maybe it could just prove a nuisance to some people, allow it to be toggled off/on.

great idea though, i can count more than several times ive missclicked my army [eek] 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

@ 2014 Dark Ambassador Studios
Email Facebook GooglePlus Blogger