WargameProject.com Forum
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
Herystofanes

Reply with quote  #46 
It would give much more strategic possibilities with multiple guilds. Do you have any preliminary idea on how you would like them to work? And what guild do you have in mind?
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #47 
Well, this is just a concept in its early stage. Everything is subject to change [smile].
I am thinking about several guilds:
  1. Thieves guild (evil)
  2. Merchant guild (neutral)
  3. Warrior guild (evil/neutral/good)
  4. Mage guild (evil/neutral/good)
  5. Paladin guild (good)

Thieves guild
  • Provides information about other players 
  • Bandit, pirate units have bonuses
  • Spies
Merchant guild
  • More mercenaries and additional irregular units
  • Income from trade
  • Some advanced relations with neutrals
Warrior guild
  • More upgrades and specializations for regular units
Mage guild
  • Advanced magic
  • Additional magic schools

Paladin guild
  • Guardians of light - better fighters versus Dark side
  • Advanced questing
  • More hero and knightly units
Toxaz

Reply with quote  #48 
And what about barbarians? what role шт the game will they play?
More information is always welcomed)
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #49 
Well, barbarians will play the same role as halflings and bandits. They are neutral inhabitants of the world, which can be negotiated and hired. Neutral by nature barbarians could be used by both all human players, disregarding player alignment.
Nomadic cavalry might be used for hit and run tactics (using archery fire or engaging in small skirmish battles). Highlanders are close combat damage dealers, wielding double handed weapons, but wearing no armour and shields.
ThayanKnight

Reply with quote  #50 
The ability to trade units directly from one full 20 troop stack to another. Currently you have to move one unit off to the side to reduce size to 19, which makes healing and reinforcing more complicated.
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #51 
Yeah, I like this idea. Army management is quite tedious now, we should definitely improve this aspect. On a side note, logistics problems with big armies are part of strategic planning and problem solving. I remember I led huge assault on dwarven citadel. Had a lot of light infantry and my troops were coming through a choke point. It was such a pain. Literally there was no place for supply wagons and catapults. I lost pathetically. [smile]
ThayanKnight

Reply with quote  #52 
On a related note letting armies pass through a friendly castle even if it's full of troops, as long as they have the movement points for it. Maybe it could cost one or 2 extra points but they shouldn't have to go around.
Toxaz

Reply with quote  #53 
it's a part of logistic. you can't have more than 20 units in one stack, so you can send army(or just one unit) in castle to some place away, pass another army through castle, and send the first army back
ThayanKnight

Reply with quote  #54 
Kill population should have a pop up confirmation like pillaging, especially since the 2 options are right next to each other.
ThayanKnight

Reply with quote  #55 
Definitely need an "are you sure" message for population killing.
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #56 
Yes, I agree. I'll fix that in the next release.
Toxaz

Reply with quote  #57 
I think it would be cool to improve the current end of game window. There could be some parameters, which will be interesting to players after some time, such as the start and end game dates, the number of days and turns the game lasted.

Also it would be useful to add some additional statistics. Number of trained units, the number of hired mercenaries, bandits, the number of raised zombies, ghosts and so on. The number of killed/dead units, the number of heroes, trolls, barons, the number of dead heroes. The largest army (the largest number of units in a particular moment), the number of produced / spent resources (Mana, Gold, food), the number of captured buildings by type (tamples, mills, mines, etc.).
The diagram of domination, like the one that already exists in active games, also will look good. But it should be graded by the moves so we could see power changing during all game.

Screen attached.

The player's profile can have his best game (the highest number of victory points?), As well as good performances in the tournament. May be there is reason to allow the player to choose the most memorable for him game / games himself.

1.JPG 

ThayanKnight

Reply with quote  #58 
Starved/diseased operators of food wagons and catapaults should leave the wagon or catapault behind unattended when they die. Just seems unrealistic that it would fall apart without somebody actually destroying it.
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #59 
Yes, I agree. Actually, this feature is already in progress. It is possible to abandon catapult or supply wagon and then assign another unit to it. 
deathshadow

Reply with quote  #60 

a small list to the side when recruiting/summoning things because the way it is now i don't know if that portal/lair will or not produce troops now or later so when i see that giant in my face i can't think straight and end up summoning troops in the wrong place(also that would be better for mana/money management since i will know how much in total will everything cost)

Some skills like Summon spider queen is not in the skill help

after making the white mage stronger(maybe with something like light ball) could you make the necromancer stronger? like Corpse explosion or the zombies evolving to Ghouls or maybe dullahans

zombies in ancient ruins or lichs join the one with necromancer "class"

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

@ 2014 Dark Ambassador Studios
Email Facebook GooglePlus Blogger