WargameProject.com Forum
Register Latest Topics

Poll Results

Should we release Map Editor to public?
 I would definitely use it to create my custom map 5 100%
 I don't care for Map Editor 0 0%
Total votes: 5   Please or register an account to vote.

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 4      1   2   3   4   Next
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #1 
I am curious, is anyone interested in creating a custom map for WargameProject? If this is so, we could make an additional effort and release Map Editor.
Aiero_Ivor

Reply with quote  #2 
of course, i do
+
megas

Junior Ambassador
Reply with quote  #3 
+1
Sounds very good plan, we have just 2 1x1 maps, so it becomes quickly boring to play on the same maps...
Toxaz

Reply with quote  #4 
map editor - does it exist?)
campaign editor would be good too
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #5 
Map editor does exist, but it is not ready for public usage. Too hardcore. [smile]
As for campaign editor, it does not exist.

Regards,
Andrei
WarMire

Reply with quote  #6 
just curious, how hard is the core, in your hardcore? like the civ4 world builder...more hardcore than say the newest Photoshop? Is it a mainly drag and drop procedure, or is it raw in a sense one must write codes and scripts? (<<sorta sounds like i know what im talking about but i assure you i dont)
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #7 
Well, hardcore in a sense that there's no help how to use it, UI is not user friendly, editor will not protect user from his errors, not to mention that graphics is outdated.
I've been working lately to rewrite it, but it's not finished yet. I just need to pull myself together and make this final effort. [smile]
WarMire

Reply with quote  #8 
Hehe
WICKED hardcore i got ya [thumb]

WarMire

Reply with quote  #9 
Out of curiosity, in the future once map editor is more tamed for 'public' use>  would it be possible to have more control over the options we have when starting a new game? > for example 1v1 on a large map or men vs men on all maps...dark vs dark on all maps etc etc

Im quite sure you already have these things in mind > just picking your brain really, No sleep for you Baruk
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #10 
Well, it is already possible in map editor. Map creator can set factions to each of four players. You can limit the choice with only one faction, which we do most of the time. But you can specify multiple factions for a player and even add option to remove him. Current maps are designed in such way that it's almost meaningless to change faction. Take as example 'No Way Out' map. It is designed to be played Human vs Darks. I can add option to enable Dwarves or Humans instead of Darks, but it will be a bad idea to start this way, since territory has only orc villages (not used by Dwarves) and few human castles (human opponent has more and if you play dwarves you cannot fully use human castle potential).
WarMire

Reply with quote  #11 
The question arose because toxaz and i had spoken about how epic it would be to play 1v1 on one of the larger maps, 'reunion' as example...which made me day dream..
I see your point more clearly once i consider the differences in faction needs. Which makes my question stinking of newbness, as i have yet to (really) experience any faction other than human, or maps for that matter. But you used the word 'current' maps with your explanation, which answered my question overall> The power is there, and as map editor becomes more user friendly, our options will become limited only by time.. and imagination [smile] [comp]

Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #12 
Aside from map editor support, there's battle server support required. If Megas implements it [wink], I can modify some maps (Reunion is a good candidate, in my opinion) to support different player setups.
megas

Junior Ambassador
Reply with quote  #13 
Sure I will be more than happy to do it [smile] It feels to me that mapeditor requires more work, isn't it? [smile]
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #14 
Just wanted to let you guys know that I am currently working mostly on map editor. It means that I will be less active in developing of client application, but it also means that map editor will soon be ready for release. [smile]
WarMire

Reply with quote  #15 
great news for our future! ...and also i have yet to discover all new things in client V two updates past, let alone the Newest! [crazy]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

@ 2014 Dark Ambassador Studios
Email Facebook GooglePlus Blogger