WargameProject.com Forum
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Toxaz

Reply with quote  #1 
Everything can not be placed in a game screenshot, and if it placed, it is impossible to comment , and meanwhile there are a lot of of interesting things met in the game

Let's share and discuss interesting screenshots here [smile]

1.png 
Why I need so much money?

Toxaz

Reply with quote  #2 
Blessings of Akatosh upon you, Dark Ambassador [smile]

1.jpg 
I think ambassador and dark knights shouldn`t get blessing)
megas

Junior Ambassador
Reply with quote  #3 
Hmm... Yeah you can not do much with gold except buy a lot of bandits... Initially we did not even want to give money to the dark side, but eventually they slipped into one of releases. So now the money concept is not really done for the dark side. They do have money, because we wanted them to buy bandits, but we did not want to make standard money based economics for them either. Do you any ideas how they can use them? Maybe buy some mercenaries [smile]
megas

Junior Ambassador
Reply with quote  #4 
Hmm... The mana reward is smt else. We did not want to have only money rewards for the dark side in the ruins, because as you noticed in previous post it is of not much use to them. So we wanted to have mana rewards as well. It makes sense when killing magical creatures, because as we imagined it, those creatures require mana upkeep and something is maintaining them. In case of necromancer, it is the caster's mana pool that is keeping them "alive". But in the ruins we imagined they just exist because of some neutral mana source, so by killing them you can take it and add it to your mana pool. Of course in case of human or dwarf heroes there is no global mana pool, so for them we imagined that there is a money reward paid by the peasants of the nearby villages happy to get rid of the monsters...
Toxaz

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by megas
Hmm... Yeah you can not do much with gold except buy a lot of bandits... Initially we did not even want to give money to the dark side, but eventually they slipped into one of releases. So now the money concept is not really done for the dark side. They do have money, because we wanted them to buy bandits, but we did not want to make standard money based economics for them either. Do you any ideas how they can use them? Maybe buy some mercenaries [smile]

I think that its right decision because dwarves and humans have only one main resource - money, so it`s balanced that dark race has one main resource too. I just have never seen so much money and decide to share this screenshot [smile]
Toxaz

Reply with quote  #6 
Reach dwarves [smile] the quantity of gold income buildings in two screenshots just go off scale) 10+7. never seen smth like this before
1.jpg 
1.jpg

Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #7 
In a network game map resources are always set to 'some'. But when you are starting a hotseat game you can change the amount of map resources from 'some' to 'a lot'. And things can go even crazier! [smile]

crazy.png   

Toxaz

Reply with quote  #8 
But in "some" map resources i have never seen so many resources on the one side and almost nothing on the other side) may be its all because of inequality in the occupied territory
Baruk

Ultimate Hero
Reply with quote  #9 
Resources are deployed randomly, but in specific places on map. I.e: water mill is always located near water, mines are always situated in deep hills. The same, by the way, is valid for other structures: halfling homes are randomly deployed on hill edges, bandit lairs are deployed in deep forests. Wind mills are never deployed, they are always placed by map creator.

The problem here is that hills are unequally distributed across the map. And hence resources are divided not proportionally.
Toxaz

Reply with quote  #10 
This posts are about new units, which appeared in .962 version. May be someone does not see them yet.
Squire

1.jpg 
Accept? Yes, yes!
1.jpg  
Image of squires
1.jpg 
Squire stats. He is really good heavy armored warrior like guardsman but with the sword
1.jpg 
Squire skills. Nothing interesting at all
1.jpg 
Another squire stats 
1.jpg 
1.jpg 
Squires in the battle

megas

Junior Ambassador
Reply with quote  #11 
Interesting new unit - squire. Be aware that in order to get it your villages must be wealthy, unfortunately it means you can not raise militia which lowers the wealth of villages. So we get a choice here for the side of Men - your barons can either raise militia to train it into light infantry  or you can get squires which are heavy, but in lesser numbers. It remains to be seen which strategy is better [smile] and if we need to balance it [smile]
Toxaz

Reply with quote  #12 
yes, it's really good idea when player have to choose)
I wanted to post info about all new units, btw I' ve seen skeletons in our game already) but have not so much time...
megas

Junior Ambassador
Reply with quote  #13 
The idea behind skeletons was to solve 2 dark side problems with 1 unit [smile]

Problem number one is that dark side didn't have benefit from capturing castles and problem number two is that they have only uruk-hais with armour, all other units are flesh and blood which makes them very vulnerable to archers. And if we look only at undead then there is no such unit at all. 

So now we have skeletons which are produced in human/gnomish castles (if necromancer is present) and they have armour. Lets see how well this units solves the problems stated [smile]
megas

Junior Ambassador
Reply with quote  #14 
Good discussions give birth to ideas [smile]

Now I have idea that zombies could actually be raised wearing the same armour that the unit had when he died (full or damaged). It could be quite fun [smile]
Toxaz

Reply with quote  #15 
Oh my precious [smile]
1.jpg 

1.jpg 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

@ 2014 Dark Ambassador Studios
Email Facebook GooglePlus Blogger